Space And Airborne Systems
The candidate is responsible for developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing simulations and analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. The candidate will be familiar with latest technology trends in the area of microprocessors, memory, FPGAs and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 6 yrs of experience in FPGA Logic design and testing, or 4 yrs with a related MS degree
- Excellent Electrical Engineering background
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: PCIe &10/100 Gb Ethernet
- Experience with video interfaces such as: DVI, DisplayPort, CoaXpress, or SDI
- Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
- Experience with software configuration management (SCM) tools such as Git
- Possess excellent skills to handle a fast paced and adaptable product development environment
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work self - guided and develop priorities on multiple tasks as well as provide technical guidance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience designing FPGAs with Embedded Microprocessors
- Experience with SoC's, Multi-Gigabit transceivers, DDR and flash memories
- Background in Sensor and Read Out IC
- Image Processing of Color and/or Monochrome sensor data
- Background in Non Uniformity Correction
- Background in Video Trackers
- Image Processing Algorithm & MATLAB experience
- Technical Leadership and/or project management
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) generation for firmware development, simulation, integration and test work scope
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other related field is preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Optics/Optical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
U.S. FLSA Classification