- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Drive and operate roll-off trucks as required.
- Local pickups and/or deliveries, some overnights required. Will be given daily instruction to move roll off loads consisting of customers materials, either to a disposal site or client yard/facility.
- Prior to driving transportation equipment/ prepares for daily trip by inspecting vehicle and equipment, fueling truck, and ensuring all equipment is in excellent operating order.
- Completes manifests or bill of lading documents, company issued forms, and other documents for every load managed. Inspects all loads to ensure that they have the proper labels and markings.
- Maintains logbook for DOT compliance and state and federal regulations.
- Drives from the customer site to non-hazardous/hazardous waste facility for unloading and disposal.
- Acts as Company representative with courtesy towards customer.
- Loads roll off boxes and is capable of lining roll off boxes.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Three years of Class A CDL driving experience.
Required: Current Hazmat, Tanker and Airbrake endorsement.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Ability to understand OSHA safety regulations and DOT Regulations. ClassA CDL. Must meet Heritage driving qualifications. Must be able to pass Motor Vehicle Record search. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran