Our Apprentices are full-time employees, earning a full-time paycheck with benefits while learning your trade. You ll put in extra hours in the classroom and studying at home during the school year with skill and knowledge tests throughout. All training and class costs are fully paid by the Company!
Do you have Apprentice credits and credentials from another school? Transfer them to our Company s DOL-Approved curriculum and pick up where you left off!
We are interviewing NOW for Spring & Summer hires so you will have time to build some practical skills before the Fall 2020 Semester begins!
- Competitive wages, that grow with experience and skills.
- Blue Cross Medical plan fully paid by the Company!
- Short-term Disability and Life Insurance paid by the Company
- All school costs paid by the Company!
- Boot and Clothing Allowances
- Full Benefits incl. dental, vision, long term disability, accident, critical illness
- 401(k) with Company match
- Referral bonus program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) available within 1st year!
- Paid holidays
- Punctuality / reliability are the most important skill you MUST bring to this job!
- High School Diploma or certificate of High School equivalency required!
- You must be able to:
- Work as a part of a team, under close supervision
- Perform basic mathematics accurately and thoroughly
- Function capably in extremes of heat, cold and bad weather, indoors and out-of-doors
- Climb and work comfortably at heights on lifts and ladders
- Physically fit to stand and walk throughout the workday, reach outward constantly, and often lift/carry up to 60 lbs
- Work efficiently in small spaces
- Work reaching above shoulders, crawling, squatting, kneeling, bending
- Exercise fine motor control, with excellent hand-eye coordination
- Consistently operate within Company Values and standards
During your 4-Year Apprenticeship you will, under skilled supervision, learn how to:
- Install complex commercial duct work in a wide variety of job settings
- Pre-Assemble components of commercial duct work
- Unload, move, and handle commercial-scale duct work
- Properly finish and seal duct work
- Work consistently at heights, from ladders, scaffolds, scissor lifts, roof, or boom lifts
- Assist with the installation of commercial HVAC equipment and devices
- Learn about and work with a wide variety power tools and hand tools
- Perform accurate measurements using tape measures and other precision devices
- Complete classroom and home study, on-time and to a high standard, with frequent practical skills and schoolwork knowledge testing
- Learn to layout duct work to be installed
- Install commercial ceiling diffusers (grilles), wall mount diffusers, and other air devices