Supervisor's Title Director of Engineering and Asset Management
Job Summary Responsible for all water and wastewater utility construction projects in the Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky service areas, from initial contract negotiations through warranty termination.
- Oversees complex technical projects, adhering to strict goals and deadlines.
- Creates and maintains activity and progress reports for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for all project development.
- Hires, directs, evaluates and disciplines Construction Inspectors.
- Obtains engineering proposals, monitors project budgets, construction activity and coordinates timing with operations.
- Tracks all budget related information, such as hours worked and expenses, etc.
- Coordinates all daily activities and personnel for each project.
- Processes paperwork, including invoices, for each project in a timely manner and submits to Regional Manager.
- Ensures the success of projects, while remaining in line with time and budget parameters.
- Notifies management staff of any current or pending escalations relating to projects, or items that could impact the success of projects.
- Coordinates and completes the work necessary to obtain approval on emergency projects.
- Constant, independent travel daily between worksites. Review engineering reports and construction plans and specifications.
- Assists AM & RM with forecasting and planning capital projects up to 5 years in advance.
- Attends project team status meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required: MS Word, Excel, Outlook; ability to learn internal software programs
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to read and interpret soil and hydro-geological reports and maps.
- Ability to complete work that will ensure the approval of all capital projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit accurate reports.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, including negotiating, decision-making research and analysis, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide safe working conditions for fellowworkers.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public.
- Ability to understand and implement a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to motivate others in the pursuit of Company goals.
Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar field.
Preferred: MS or MBA
Certifications/Licenses Required: Must maintain a valid driver's license
Requires a minimum of 3 years engineering experience, preferably related to water and/or wastewater projects and design.
Physical Demands This position is exposed to a normal office environment as well as working outdoors in a plant environment. Exposed to loud noise, wastewater, chemicals and high voltage where electrical shock is a potential hazard. Occasionally encounters extreme cold or hot conditions and potential contact with hazardous chemicals.
Ability to perform physical duties such as occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. unassisted, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time: occasionally climbing, pulling, kneeling, twisting, turning, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must wear/use all protective equipment were required including hearing protection, safety glasses, chemical suites and personal protective equipment when handling hazardous materials; must be OSHA compliant.
Equipment Used Smartphone, desktop/laptop computer, fax/scan machine, and other general office equipment. Operates a company-issued motor vehicle.
Within the region; up to 25% for training, meetings, project management, etc.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical condition), or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.