Job Summary of the Senior Software Engineer:
Senior level Software Engineer with C, C++ and System architecture design experience is required to play a key role in new product development and improvement of existing product lines for one of our clients in Maryland. This client is well known for it's products and services which are used across the world. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. If you have experience with C/C++ programming, System architecture design and Agile development environment, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Responsible for all software development needs of assigned projects.
- New product development and improvement of existing product lines
- Work with Sr. Engineers in all departments and the Director of Engineering to plan, formulate and schedule all aspects of research and development proposals.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product development within the scope of the department
- Assists other engineers and techs with product testing, certifications, prototype vetting.
- BS in CS, EE, SE, CE or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong experience with C/C++ programming
- Background in bare metal development is a must
- Experience in Embedded software development on microprocessors
- Knowledge of System architecture design and Object-oriented concepts, design patterns, and methodologies
- Experience with Agile development environment
- Lean Product Development experience will be preferred
- PMP certification will be preferred
- Scrum Master certification will be preferred
Salary Range: $118,000-$145,000-/year, depending on experience
Location: Jessup, MD
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Software, firmware, code, coding, programming, design, implementation, testing, maintenance, microprocessors, embedded, "new product development", NPD, C, C++, Python, Bash, Microcontroller, "software architecture", "object-oriented", Procedural, PMP, "Scrum Master"