The Clinical Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing Tier 1 support to patients, physicians, and hospital staff for EHR-related hospital applications primarily focused on clinical software needs.
This is a part-time, remote position working 10-28 hours a week, M-F, with the potential to convert to full-time down the line.
· 1-year Epic clinical experience as end user, credentialed trainer, or other relevant clinical experience
· 2 years' customer service experience
· Relevant Epic Clinical software experience
· Call center experience a plus
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Routine Support (90%)
· Provides 24/7/365 Tier 1 clinical support to meet and exceed established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and follow ITIL processes.
· Triages end user issues and determines if the issue can be resolved at Tier 1 or if it needs to be escalated to Tier 2.
· Utilizes customer service guidelines as outlined in HDI training.
· Uses client provided knowledgebase and client specific procedures to resolve issues.
Continuing Education (10%)
· Acquires and maintains a general and clinical knowledge of client and related software applications.
· Attends professional development training as instructed.
· Maintains necessary technology skills to perform common client specific First Call Resolution (FCR) tasks, with training, including password resets, Citrix troubleshooting, common desktop troubleshooting, etc.
· Exhibits regular and reliable attendance.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Position primarily serves external customers.
· Exhibits a basic understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Corporate Standards and Recommended Practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
· 2-year degree in a relevant health-care field or 4-year degree preferred; relevant healthcare/clinical support experience will be considered
Certifications & Licenses:
Valid State Drivers' License preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Foundational Computer Skills -Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Foundational Communication - Simple messages communicated orally. May write brief messages and keep simple records. May explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
Routine Business Problems - Problems encountered are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures.
Job Specific Impact - Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Foundational Judgment - Results are defined and existing practices are used as guidelines for how to complete work activities' works closely with supervisors/manager who provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Foundational Planning / Organization - Prioritize assigned and routine tasks. Handle appropriately.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
· Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
· Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.