We are currently looking for a Project Procurement Specialist. This position is part of the Supply Chain Management Organization and will support the Project and Services team for Primetals Technologies in Canonsburg, PA. This position will report to VP, Supply Chain.
The Project Procurement Specialist integrates procurement into the project management process and project teams at an early stage; organizes, controls and monitors all procurement activities within a proposal and project phase; introduces procurement strategies, targeting maximum contribution to the operating result; guarantees the observance of company procurement processes, and optimizes resources.
The main responsibility is Ensure effective execution of major projects as they relate to procurement, and work with cross-functional partners to optimize and grow business.
During bid/proposal stage, responsibilities include:
- Participating in project/sales meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage; determining best costs for go to market; optimizing supply base; optimizing internal workflows and processes; creating project procurement concepts and plans
- Analyzing inquiries during bid preparation/opportunity management phase; understanding the customer's functional needs, in order to include supplier innovations that improve cost positions and customer benefits.
- Supporting project calculations with reliable material cost data.
- Initiate the Project Procurement Plan to document baseline information.
- Establishing proper sourcing processes and controlling all procurement resources and activities within the project; optimizing delivery and cost (procurement plans, target costing) and assuring adherence to deadlines and quality.
- Applying procurement regulations as per compliance and organization standards.
- Analyzing scope of supply and contract agreements, carrying out risk analyses, and introducing negotiation recommendations together with commodity management, to prepare for negotiations with suppliers and to initiate appropriate measures.
- Deriving procurement strategies and ensuring their implementation (e.g. pooling, utilization of master contracts)
- Update project procurement plan to document strategy and execution details.
- Leading contractual and pricing negotiations and/or supporting the buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular, those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimal conditions.
- Clarifying internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports (e.g. for the project team, procurement management team).
- Providing supplier information to the project and conducting project-specific supplier evaluations.
- Identifying particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces during the project, together with commodity management, to avoid potential damage and identify potential opportunities through tailored risk and claim management
- Keep all project participants up to date
- B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent years of experience required. MBA a plus.
- Foreign language skills preferred
- 3 years of procurement preferred.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and occasional international travel
- Goal driven and oriented
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment.
- Extreme focus on customer satisfaction.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®, Project Management Professional (PMP)®, or CPM are a plus
- Knowledge with Total Cost of Ownership (TOCO) analysis preferred
- Knowledge setting up/performing/driving advanced negotiations and e-auctions preferred
- Background in industrial purchasing, working in project environment preferred
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.