Desktop Technician will provide day to day local\remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in a ticketing system. The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center. Desktop Support Engineer provides Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution. Providing fault analysis to customer’s various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able to provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite. Ideal candidate should have 2 years of experience in Windows Desktop support.
Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Work with Third Party Vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application.
- Mac operating system, to support Apple pc users is a plus but not required.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers.
- Performs remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT experience.
- Windows 7-10, Microsoft Active Directory, utilization of GPOs, MS Office 365, PC hardware installation and troubleshooting, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, Helpdesk
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities and meet SLA’s.
- Excellent communication relationship-building and internal customer service skills.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
- Willing to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support.
- Pharma industry experience a definite plus but not required.
Jobs R US