It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr. Payroll Specialist will work on end to end Payroll processes in Workday specific to the following areas below.
- Research, monitor, communicate and apply compliance updates evaluating new statutory payroll laws and changes to ensure all aspects of payroll compliance.
- Communicate compliance change requirements and assist in developing new procedures for team processing.
- Collaborate with pay team for preparing data for audits.
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records.
- Monthly and quarterly tax balancing assessments for all FEINs, ensuring reciprocity compliance along with federal, state and local withholdings accuracy through onboarding and employee location changes.
- Prepare compliance communication announcements Manager review.
- Resolve tax notices by logging cases with OSV, evaluating history and executing reconciliations, to close open cases.
- Review OSV settlements ensuring all tax data is captured and remitted.
- Audit, prepare and distribute W2’s, W2-C’s, and amendments as needed.
- Reviews all stock input types to record adjustments into employees pay ensuring accuracy.
- Communicate change or update requirements to management.
- Test system enhancements, updates, or upgrades for all applications impacting payroll.
- Record test results and reports for audit retention.
- Communicate new additions or updates to pay team.
- Develop or modify earning and deduction codes as needed.
- Execute new year rollover of all systems ensuring beginning balances are correct.
- Run routing payrolls in biweekly cycle and back fill when needed for team coverage.
- Coordinate incoming payrolls through triage and assign to other members for successful signoff.
- Design, draft training documents and review procedures with leadership to implement or streamline payroll procedures.
- Coordinate training schedules to build team knowledge.
- Communicate any process weaknesses found in reviews to solidify training needs to build knowledge for pay team.
- Manage payment calendars for the fiscal year.
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes.
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax.
- Communicate to manager all compliance or control violations if found through auditing.
- Successfully transition new acquisitions into existing data stream, ensuring functionality and accuracy.
- Collaborate and transition functional payrolls to pay team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or 5+years’ experience specifically in payroll in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in end to end payroll processing in Workday
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in Payroll processing in Workday & ADP payroll software
- Hands-on Workday experience and ADP payroll software.
- Intermediate Excel and spreadsheet experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to perform quickly meeting payroll deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.