Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Manager, IT Procurement - ascena to join our team located at our Ascena Corp ETNA-ascena-Pataskala, OH 43062.
The IT Procurement Manager will be responsible for a variety of strategic and operational activities. The Manager will execute sourcing strategies and financial analysis for Indirect/Non-Merch categories of spend. They will serve as the subject matter expert and point person for assigned procurement initiatives. Will develop strategic plans to drive value for their assigned category(ies) based on an understanding of business needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, benchmarking, price availability, and supply chain logistics. Will study and communicate category market data, changes and trends. The Manager will report into the Procurement Director and will be responsible for the execution of contracts, negotiation with suppliers and an ongoing search for enterprise savings opportunities.
Relationship Management w/ Brand Stakeholders:
Regular communication with stakeholders Reporting on ongoing projects and initiatives to brand stakeholders Collaboration on enterprise project initiatives and plans Selling of potential value-add solutions and innovations to appropriate stakeholders Fielding and resolution of questions, concerns, supplier issues and other needs from brand stakeholders.
Sourcing Activities (including Strategic Initiatives):
Spend analysis of assigned categories and suppliers. Creation and execution of multi-year strategic sourcing pipeline Execution and leadership of strategic negotiations with brand and ascena stakeholders Summarization of bid results, awarding options and savings potential for strategic projects Alignment with senior management and brand stakeholders on awarding scenarios and supplier transitions Development of new and innovative sources of supply in response to business needs.
Contract Negotiation & Renewal:
Tracking and proactive management of existing contracts with brand stakeholders Continuous cost and scope optimization/negotiation on existing and new contracts. Termination and expiration transition duties when applicable Interaction with Information Security, Legal and other internal groups during contract drafting and negotiations. Coordination of approvals, conflict resolution and execution of new agreements
Supply Market Research & Analysis:
Survey of supply markets for new suppliers or solutions that could drive value or efficiencies within assigned category(ies) Maintenance of list of preferred suppliers and their performance Creation of potential supplier files Continuous improvement of market and domain knowledge Awareness of newest trends and movement in assigned markets. Creation of category strategy decks.
- Provide expertise in processes and systems; participate in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide procurement processes and systems
- Contribute to the development, implementation and communication of supplier programs, procurement policies and procedures enterprise wide.
- Develop new reports as needed for the procurement team to effectively manage their Indirect/Non-Merch categories.
- Develop and create various presentations and reports based on the needs of the business.
- Candidate would ideally have experience in a procurement role, or within the, or within the assigned category’s department or Service Provider, such that they are familiar with contract structure, services provided, key metrics and performance indicators, terms and conditions, operating models and culture
- 3+ years of experience in Information Technology Procurement with understanding of Hardware and Software, Server & Storage, and IT Services categories.
- 5-8+ years of procurement experience in addition to demonstration of the following skills: experience in customer service, negotiations, supplier relationship management, team building, e-procurement, inventory management, project management, contract development and management.
- Candidate should have very strong verbal and written communication skills. They should excel at forging and building upon relationships with stakeholders. They should possess the ability to analyze data effectively and use that data to communicate relevant information to stakeholders and management.
- Previous experience with SAP, Oracle, and e-procurement suites, a plus
- Strong PC skills, including intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills. Experience with online sourcing tools, reporting tools.
- Outstanding Analytical and Organization skills
- Flexible, ability to manage through change
- Ability to be self-directed, multi-task and prioritize demands
- High energy and works well in teams and leading a team
Location: Ascena Corp ETNA-ascena-Pataskala, OH 43062
Position Type: Regular/Full time
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.