Quick Med Claims (QMC) is a nationally recognized leader in emergency medical transportation billing and reimbursement. QMC is committed to providing services in a manner that ensures compliance with all applicable billing and reimbursement regulations while maximizing the capture of allowable reimbursement for each client. The commitment to adherence to both of these principles makes QMC the partner of choice for emergency medical transportation providers.
The company experience is deep enough and broad enough to ensure a high level of quality in all aspects of the service while maintaining a manageable number of clients to provide individual attention for each. This balance has been the hallmark of the QMC approach since the foundation of the company.
QMC enjoys the best reputation in the industry for enhancing reimbursement, quality personnel, and commitment to customer service excellence.
QMC is committed to the success of the emergency medical transportation programs that it supports and the existing client base has benefited from this commitment. QMC leadership works closely with client leadership to meet the strategic goals of the program and the sponsoring organizations.
Overview of the Position:
The A/R Management Specialist will provide support covering all aspects of insurance and patient billing to ensure prompt and correct payment to the client of all monies owed by both the patients and insurers.
- Perform job responsibilities and tasks according to company standards as well as state and federal guidelines
- Make telephone calls to patients/hospitals/insurances/facilities/attorneys as needed to research claims or obtain other insurance information
- Contact insurance carriers to inquire about the status of past due accounts
- Document details of activity on each account in the claims processing system
- Follow up on self-pay accounts. This includes contacting the patient by telephone to inquire about insurance coverage or to establish payment plans.
- Follow up on accounts that have reached collections to ensure they have been fully worked before the account is referred to an external collection agency.
- Prior collections or medical billing experience with a basic understanding of ICD10, HCPCS, and medical terminology is preferred but not required
- Prior working experience on personal computers, electronic calculators, and office equipment is needed.
- This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all assignments.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum one year of claims, billing, and collection experience is preferred but not required
- Prior customer service experience is required
- A basic understanding of insurance and claims processing is preferred
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM preferred
- Must possess basic knowledge of the computer and experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Must possess problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong customer service skills and experience
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR