We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Scheels Company Goals:
We strive to be the best retailer in the USA in the eyes and minds of our cutomers, associates and business partners.
The Receiving position will accurately and thoroughly manage the receiving of merchandise shipments and distribution to corresponding Specialty Shops. This position will represent Scheels in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner to our customers and team members.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Unload and unpack shipping trucks
- Examine shipments; reject damaged items, record shortage and overages,
- Distribute items to correct Specialty Shop.
- Handle incoming merchandise with efficiency to assure correct counts
- Assist Support Team by attaching identification and price tags
- Operate pallet jack to move shipments between platforms, storage and work areas
- Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a personal computer and handheld inventory computer/scanner. Programs include; Microsoft Office, Google Email/Docs, and AS400
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere by treating others with respect and consideration while taking pride in being part of a winning team
- Maintain an orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Ability to work assigned schedule which is typically Monday through Friday day time hours, but may include some evening or weekend hours as needed
High School Diploma or General Education Degree; and/or 1-3 months of data entry experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 35-40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.