POSITION: Site Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 8am -4pm
FACILITY: Dixon Correctional Center
LOCATION: Dixon, IL
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
1. From an administrative perspective, oversees outpatient and infirmary services.
2. Ensures the planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that are in compliance with contractual requirements, Department of Corrections, and national standards.
3. Ensures appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired staff, as well as in-services and continuing education for all staff members.
4. Ensures the Staffing Department is informed of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and, as appropriate, actively assists the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions. Notifies Regional Manager of staffing variances related to the Schedule E.
5. Maintains full knowledge of all Wexford Health budgets for the Health Care Unit (HCU) and works to remain within budget.
6. Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E staffing hours. Assures approval of Wexford Health and IDOC administration, as required, prior to exceeding staffing hours as stipulated in the Schedule E.
7. Complies with and enforces Wexford Health /Facility policies and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
8. Is familiar with all aspects of the Wexford Health Collective Bargaining Agreement and operates consistent with the language as interpreted by Wexford Health Administration.
9. Ensures the existence of an Infection Control Program.
10. Prepares and submits monthly reports as requested by the Health Care Unit Administrator or Regional Manager.
11. Acts as manager on call for IDOC and Wexford Health staff's administrative needs.
12. Serves as member of the Quality Assurance Committee as requested or required.
13. Ensures compliance with any and all accreditation entities recognized by IDOC and/or WHS (NCCHC, ACA, JCAHO etc.).
14. Ensures an appropriate WHS staffing schedule in accordance with IDOC contract terms. Provides for changes in time schedules and granting special requests for time off as appropriate.
15. Serves as representative for, and/or liaison between the health care unit staff and IDOC, as well as Health Care Unit Administrator, and coordinates services among HCU departments.
16. Remains visible and is responsive to all HCU disciplines.
17. Supports and participates in evaluations designed to improve work conditions.
18. Evaluates or ensures evaluation of employees' performance and preparation of written performance appraisals in a timely manner. Conducts performance appraisal meetings with staff members.
19. Participates in as requested, and maintains good relationship with community organizations.
20. Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all shifts. Conducts investigations and implements corrective action when necessary including discipline and discharge of employees as necessary.
21. Ensures responses to offender medical grievances as requested.
22. Maintains and ensures the confidentiality of offender records.
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, to hear and to see, to stand, walk, and sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, instruments or controls, to reach with hands and arms, to stoop or crouch, balance and kneel, may be required to lift and/or move persons, carts, emergency equipment or other objects. Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: As appropriate for his/her position classification
CERTIFICATION: CPR if holds a clinical license
EDUCATION: Two (2) years of supervisor experience within a correctional setting or any other health care setting preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Associate or Bachelor degree
Wexford Health Sources