US Ecology and NRC recently merged and have significantly strengthened our position as a global leader of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of US Ecology are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking 15 Temporary Asbestos Handlers to join our growing team!
To be able to work in compliance on asbestos abatement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of fieldwork encompassed in asbestos abatement projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee related NRC paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver's Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Ability to load / unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into vans, flatbeds, trailers, utility trucks, etc.
- Ability to perform work inside small areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying (up to 100 pounds); use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling and other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform work under sustained hours, uncomfortable weather conditions and rough terrain.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- 1+ years of experience working on asbestos abatement projects in New York State.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Qualified employees must possess the 40-HR NYSDOL's Asbestos Supervisor's and OSHA's 10-HR Safety in Construction Certifications.
- A valid Class "D" License is required.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER & Lead Awareness Certifications are desired but not required.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
National Response Corporation