Job Locations US-NY-Auburn
Requisition ID 2020-36044 Category (Portal Searching) Psychologist Position Type (Portal Searching) PRN/Per Diem Recruiter Name Kerri Ann Kerley Recruiter Email email@example.com Recruiter Number 224-616-5439 Recruiting Priority Level B
School Psychologist - for PreK services
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion Psychology to help make a difference in a child’s life!
- School Psychologist position available to begin ASAP to provide assessments
- Cayuga County, NY
The primary purpose of the School Psychologist position is diagnostic assessment and therapeutic treatment of pediatric students in a virtual, school, or native setting. The goal is to help children who demonstrate emotional challenges reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment – Pediatric Division, School Team
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students’ psychological needs
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations in the area of social and emotional well-being to determine students’ need for services or need of dismissal from services
- Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Psychological services
- Provide Psychology sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district and NASP’s code of ethics including, but not limited to, daily notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEPs
- Must hold ESA from the state of residence office of Superintendent of Public Instruction or
- NCSP Certificate issued after December 31, 1991 by the National School Psychology Certification Board
- Must hold all required NY state Early Intervention and Pre-School medical requirements, such as proof of MMR, Varicella, TB, etc.
- Hold current CPR
- Must be able to pass all NY state required background checks
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development