The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
The Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required to be considered for this position.
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Software Engineering