Seegrid is the leading provider of mobile industrial automation solutions for materials handling with over three million production miles driven in some of the world’s biggest companies. We combine vision-guided industrial vehicles, fleet management, and enterprise intelligence data into a platform that empowers our customers to automate and optimize material flow.
We put these autonomous vehicles to work today with an emphasis on safety, reliability, and flexibility. We are passionate about making our customers successful in deploying end-to-end automation solutions and foster a culture of collaboration, active and open communication, integrity, and respect. The challenges before us are great, but we are a high-performance team driven to change how the world does logistics.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager at Seegrid, you will work alongside the product and development teams to define, develop, and deliver the next generation of mobile industrial robots. You will be responsible for providing technical project planning, management, and oversight for engineering product development and effectively communicating status and progress to the stakeholders. You will lead cross-functional efforts, combining technical, problem solving, communication, and project management skills to release new products and features to market in a transparent and predictable manner.
We are seeking candidates with demonstrated expertise in leading product development efforts and a passion for process and coaching others through it. You will execute the development process, track appropriate metrics, and drive workflow and/or process changes to improve product development flow. You will work with teams to create the development plan, make the work visible on project boards, track progress against that work, and clearly communicate status, confidence, and risks to the stakeholders.
What you’ll do at Seegrid:
- Define project scope, deliverables, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners.
- Compose project requirements documents including scope, goals, and deliverables for both hardware and software development projects.
- Work with team(s) to develop major milestones, manage towards these milestones, and conduct the appropriate review meetings.
- Coach teams to adopt product development processes that promote visibility, predictability, and continuous improvement; work with the teams to quantitatively improve development flow.
- Monitor and drive product development; manage and appropriately escalate any delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes.
- When necessary, engage with third-party developers and manage the contracting process.
- Be an integral part of the engineering team building the next generation of mobile industrial robots.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline (M.S. preferred) and 7+ years experience in project management and/or experience leading cross-functional development projects
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, artifacts, and tools; PMP or other certification preferred.
- Familiarity working in a lean or agile product development methodology is preferred.
- Experience with product hardware development and supply chain/production/QA/QC workflows desired.
- Ability to drive to big-picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Powered by JazzHR