Enlivant is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse
at Sojourner Place in Kalamazoo, MI
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
We believe taking care of America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation but a true honor and privilege. With over 230 communities, we are striving to be the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. Our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion.
We are a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry but also with our employees. Our Benefits Plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce with competitive medical, dental, vision packages, and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a generous paid time off for eligible employees.
Development is one of our highest priorities and we provide personalized training, both face-to-face and online, to ensure employees are prepared for their roles. Through our Learning Management System (LMS), all employees have access to state-required regulatory courses, professional development and soft skills courses, and Continuing Education courses.
We invite you to start a rewarding career and make a difference in the lives of seniors today!
You will be responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager with resident care services at an Enlivant community.
- Understands and operates within the LPN Scope of Practice
- Provides back-up resident care & clinical services to the Nurse Manager as instructed
- Reviews assignments with Nurse Manager and Executive Director
- Reads staff communication records, maintains familiarity with resident records and documents in resident records as required
- Evaluates health emergencies and determines emergency medical measures to be taken regarding resident care according to state regulations
- Assists with activities of daily living, environmental orientation, assistance or administration with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and independence, as permitted by state regulations
- Provides services as indicated on resident treatment and service plans
- Assists residents moving in and out of the community as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control and safety procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year experience at a senior living or skilled nursing facility as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current/active, unencumbered state nursing license in the state of practice/residency
- Education or experience sufficient to meet position requirements or as required by State regulations
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations
- Maintains CPR and/or First Aid Certification as required by State regulations
- Continuing education annually or as required by the State Board of Nursing
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exemplify and be an influential team player
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Licences & certifications Licensed Practical Nurse