- Builds on previous client relationships to provide opportunities and support Business Group development
- Builds effective relationships with key existing clients, while also expanding the client base
- Serves as the client manager for key clients and develops/executes associated client engagement plans
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand
- Promotes and collaborates in the development of innovative project delivery methods
- Collaborates with Global, North American and Regional Market Leaders, Client Resource Managers, Service Line Leaders, and Client Sector Leaders to achieve excellent business outcomes
- Develops and mentors senior leadership and/or rising talent within the Business Group
- Works with project directors, managers, and teams to establish and improve Business Group job delivery skills
- Attracts strategic hires to develop the Business Group
- Pre-positions for projects, develops opportunities, and obtains RFPs
- Develops responses to RFPs, scope of work packages, budgets, and progress reports
- Drives project teams to provide successful and technically sound project deliveries to meet and exceed client and GHD requirements
- Drives financial performance with respect to contribution; monitors, tracks, and manages opportunities, backlog, utilization, AR/DSO, variances, and markups
- Manages, mitigates, and reports on risks within the Business Group
- Adheres to GHD Management Systems for Safety, Integrity, Quality, and Environment
- Drives positive client interaction, as verified through client surveys
- Education requirement - Professional Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Utility engineering or related field
- Required years of experience - Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the renewable energy market with strong connections to the energy market in North America/globally building a team of experts and delivery of work in this area
- Required Certifications and/or licenses - Professional Engineering license, related professional certifications
- Required technical skills - Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience delivering projects in North American markets
- Other skills - Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
- Increase GHD’s market share through new and existing client development by $1M of booked work in Year 1 and $2M in Year 2
- Blend client billable work with business development strategies; utilization goal will be 50% (after first 9 months of employment)
- Bring 1 to 2 strategic hires/new staff into GHD in Year 1 and in Year 2
- Timely, cost effective and quality delivery of Services by Business Group, as measured through client (internal and external) feedback
- Provide accurate forecasting of Backlog and Opportunities.
- Manage project financials in terms of established performance goals and zero project variance
- Manage DSO/AR to targets
Leading Others – Provides clear direction for project scope and key deliverables and celebrates success. Shares expertise and encourages others to exchange specialist knowledge. Effectively resources and retains a diverse high quality team. Actively coaches others and addresses poor performance.
Strategic Focus – Views issues through a wide angle lens and understands GHD’s strategic objectives. Clearly links the team’s objectives to the OC business plan. Demonstrates a broad understanding of external influences on the business.
Effective Decision Making – Obtains key project information and critically evaluates. Prepared to make a well-considered decision, without always having the full picture. Develops robust technical and business solutions and guides others to form credible options.
Business Acumen – Thinks like a GHD business owner mindful of costs and managing risks. Grows and utilizes knowledge of the GHD sectors. Recognizes external factors that may impact GHD and manages risks. Stay current and identifies business opportunities.
Adapting – Accepts and works with change even if not in full agreement. Shifts tasks and project assignments as the situation changes. Models and ability to cope in difficult and stressful situations. Copes well with ambiguity and coaches others to manage effectively.
Delivering Results – Develops comprehensive project plans and utilizes resources effectively. Provides relevant support to meet project deliverables. Anticipates and addresses potential problems and communicates with clients and GHD people. Role models the appropriate use of GHD systems, tools and procedures.
Working with People – Initiates regular contact with clients and other key partners. Displays sound interpersonal skills in all interactions. Develops strong internal and external networks. Coaches GHD People to work in a respectful and tolerant way, leading by example.
Influencing – Secures commitment from clients and partners, effectively overcoming any resistance. Promotes and advances ideas to achieve the right solution.
Self-Development – Asks for feedback from GHD people, accepting comments non-defensively. Shows clear insight into strengths and addresses area to develop. Aware of signals that indicate potential stress for self and other and takes steps to mitigate. Creates development plan that supports the achievement of challenging goals.
Personal Courage – Acts with conviction to move a situation forward. Holds self and other accountable for actions taken. Promptly addresses inappropriate behavior. Prepared to make decisions that may be unpopular.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion, and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.