PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden's impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world's best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
PPC (a Belden Brand) is looking for a Test Lab Technician for our location in Syracuse, NY. Our Test Lab Technician will work in the R&D Engineering Lab and will be responsible for testing the electrical, mechanical and environmental parameters of a wide range of optical and coaxial products and technology.
Responsibilities of our Test Lab Technician:
1. Tests prototype product for RF electrical performance, consistent with engineering and other specifications.
2. Tests prototype product for mechanical performance and durability.
3. Tests products environmental parameters; including Ultra-Violet, salt fog, vibration, thermal cycling.
4. Assists with equipment set-up, lab configurations, equipment troubleshooting as well as implementing and following test lab processes.
5. Assists with the documentation, calibration, troubleshooting and/or preventative maintenance on lab equipment.
6. Reads and interprets schematics, blueprints, printouts and specifications as needed to complete tests to determine the functionality and performance of products.
7. Operates test device through prescribed sequences, reads and records test data, informing supervisor of deviations or variations not indicated or anticipated.
8. Works with engineers in the debugging and troubleshooting of new and existing products.
9. Compiles data and graphically represents findings as required.
10. Provides support to the engineering staff in the test lab on an as needed basis.
11. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion, abiding by company rules and safety regulations.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education / Licensure / Experience of our Test Lab Technician:
- Two-year technical degree or certification required.
- 2 to 5 years of experience within an electrical and/or mechanical role.
- Prior relevant validation test lab environment experience with mechanical or electronic systems, including setting up tests within environmental chambers preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills to effectively deal with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed organization skills, including the ability to handle many details and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to utilize precision hand tools.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel as it relates to report generation.
- Excellent project management skills with proven follow-through with commitments.
- Ability to maintain good records in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a close team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.