As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that webCemeteries software is released at the highest quality it can be so our customers can focus on serving families who are going through a very difficult time. You will be working with the engineering team to ensure that new features that are being developed are meeting the requirements defined by our customers and end-users. This role is perfect for someone who is focused on details and ensuring a high level of customer experience.
You will use a variety of tools including Jira (software engineering project management workflow), your editor of choice (e.g. VSCode, JetBrains Rider, VIM), and a variety of testing software - many of which you will help define in your first year in this role.
Our clients expect that our software is available, works correctly every time, is consistent, and allows them to serve and focus on the families who email, call, and walk into their offices. Yes, webCemeteries software is business software, but it is business software that supports individuals who are dealing with one of the most difficult topics humans have to face - death. We strive to support our customers so that their service is first and foremost.
You will be part of the engineering organization working with a team of other software professionals. Every team member is expected to support the continual improvement of their teammates so we can create the best possible product for our customers.
- Support the engineering team in validating and verifying new features, bug fixes, and that the software meets the requirements set out for each development cycle and before it is released.
- Communicate across the engineering team by providing technical feedback and reports that can be used to identify where issues may still exist within a specific product.
- Develop automated and manual QA methodologies (e.g. scripts, tools, processes) that provide coverage for front-end and back-end products.
- Document QA practices and processes.
- Provide recommendations and implement best practices for continuous integration.
- Work with engineering leadership to establish processes and tools to support the above goals.
- Become familiar with AWS and Atlassian services.
- Work with the engineering team via email, Slack, video calls, etc. and communicate
- Prior experience with testing and developing test plans.
- Prior experience with software tooling and working with software engineering and development teams.
- US-based, legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with AWS and Atlassian services
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
- Competitive salaried compensation, W2 full-time.
- We provide healthcare, vision, and dental with employee healthcare premiums covered at 50% by the company. No premiums are covered for family members at this time.
- PTO plus 1 week off (paid) from Christmas to New Year's.
- Paid parental leave for new parents available for both new births and adoptions.
- Bereavement leave.
- A training and education budget to further your professional development in your areas of focus.
- A small annual office improvement budget for every employee, including remote.