We are seeking a Sample Processing and Materials Technician for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks involved in sample processing and inventory management of client-related
samples,critical components, critical laboratory supplies, specialty reagents, client-supplied raw materials, and internal and external cell
banks. Performs a variety of activities related to log in, sample processing, storage, shipping of stored materials and client support.
The following are responsibilities related to the Sample Processing and Materials Technician position:
- Perform daily tasks including sample receipt and log in; which includes but it not limited to opening packages containing client-relatedmaterials, documenting receipt within the appropriate electronic tracking system and/or applicable paperwork and records.
- This also may include contacting project management and/or vendors to resolve any incorrect or damaged items that are received orreturning shipment(s).
- Perform daily tasks including sample release and distribution of client-related and internal materials to the appropriate laboratory personnel, including distributing internal samples and seed banks, receiving and quarantining material, and shipping of client stored materials; which may include creating, updating and monitoring client storage files and internal banking/production files, and preparing internal and external shipment(s) of client materials and/or internal materials.
- Perform technical review of data entry and documentation, and update systems and data according to cGMPs, while maintaining proper documentation including training records and receipt/shipping/storage records
- Perform daily tasks of routine laboratory maintenance, including the monitoring and routine cleaning of laboratory equipment and spaces as required, and all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in scientific discipline preferred.
- 1 to 3 years related experience in a laboratory.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of GMPs/GLPs required.
- Must regularly move about inside the work area to access storage units and use laboratory equipment; and frequently bend, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operates other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy/scan machine, and computer printer.
- Must regularly communicate with employees/customers to exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally work around bio-hazardous material
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet