Performs a variety of tasks to ensure that the packaging, raw materials, components and/or molded parts needs for assigned production areas are met. Key responsibility includes managing raw material receipts and inventory movements, loading of shipment to trailer, unloading rail car, will perform minor preventative maintenance activities and other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinates the movement of material to the necessary manufacturing areas to support production schedules.
· Physically and systematically executes necessary material movements involving all types of material requiring replenishment to manufacturing areas.
· Executes material movements to all necessary areas outside of the manufacturing process (i.e. shipping, parts prep, office personnel, etc.).
· Utilizes RF scanners when appropriate for performing ERP transactions.
· Operates any material handling equipment as needed.
· Maintains organization of Bin Management and First In First Out maintenance.
· Returns unused materials to stockroom from manufacturing areas using RF.
· Properly disposes scrap components.
· Pulls material for purges from stock as needed.
· Perform Warehouse Cycle-counts where appropriate.
. Unload railcars
. Manages raw material receipts
. Performs minor preventative maintenance duties on equipment
· Verifies necessary material movements and paperwork to ensure correct physical and system movement of material.
. Loads shipments to trailer · May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience operating forklift in warehouse or manufacturing environment is required
- Minimum 2 years prior material handling, shipping and receiving or forklift experience is required
- Prior experience using ERP system, preferably SAP
- Must be computer literate