Perform electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding and pipefitting duties which involve replacing, repairing, and cleaning equipment and/or component parts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: * Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the shift supervisor.
- Maintains, installs, operates, sets up and tests all types of plant equipment; both mechanically and electrically. This also includes any lubrication or other periodic servicing of same.
- Reads and works from basic blueprints and drawings to perform maintenance and service, install and/or modify equipment.
- Reads wiring diagrams and sketches.
- Is knowledgeable of Underwriters and NEMA codes and requirements and is able to work to same.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge for correct analysis of mechanical/electrical difficulty and makes necessary corrections.
- Always works with safety in mind and is knowledgeable of LOTO, machine guarding and other safety rules, policies, procedures and laws.
- Assembles, dismantles and/or moves any type of equipment using proper tools, rigging and gear.
- Maintains good housekeeping sufficient to insure safety and uphold plant standards.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on piping, and any plant equipment.
- Disassembles and assembles motors, gearboxes, speed regulators, controllers and other types of electrical equipment. Also works on bearings, slip rings, brushes, gears, mounts, etc.
- Installs and repairs electrical conduit, connections and splices cable.
- Uses all types of testing equipment normally used in an industrial setting.
- Diagnoses both electrical and mechanical problems and develops fastest, low cost options to fix.
- Is willing and able to instruct, train and direct the efforts of others.
- Works alone or in cooperation with others and other department to do any work on any plant equipment in the most time and cost-efficient manner.
- Handles all maintenance requests as directed.
- Operates any plant mobile or hoisting equipment for the performance of maintenance/engineering work.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of minimal industrial maintenance.
- Must be available for off shift call duty on a scheduled basis.
- Must be certifiable within 90-day probationary period.
- Must be able to troubleshoot controls related systems using controls PC software.
- Must be able to complete or oversee project work or craft work when required.
- Must be willing and able to train others on advanced craft or controls related skills.
- Must learn new controls technologies and systems as required through out plant.
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Secondary certification for Industrial Electrician
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Please note:Applications must be filled out completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the application.