Under the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) cooperative agreement, Heluna Health and the Division of Communicable Disease Control (DCDC) of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) are recruiting for an Epidemiologist/Data Manager to assist with implementation of enhanced Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) serosurveillance studies.
The position functions under the direction of the Coronavirus Science Branch (CSB) Director and Serosurveillance Team leads and will collaborate with multiple internal and external partners to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Manage the design, implementation, quality assurance/quality control, and linkage of serosurveillance study data systems.
- Clean and maintain data for quality and completeness.
- Respond to data requests and generate data sets, data visualizations, and reports regarding study progress and metrics.
- Implement and revise data management protocols.
- Analyze and resolve problems with data quality, address gaps and barriers in study progress.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise on data management, cleaning, de-duplication, record matching, and analysis of study and surveillance data sets.
- Collaborate effectively with study team of state public health department and other external partners.
- Participate in conference calls with epidemiology and laboratory partners at CDPH, CDC, academic partners, and local health departments (LHDs).
- Perform other duties as directed by the CSB Director or Serosurveillance Team leads.
- Ability to oversee management of study data systems, linkage of large data sets, data cleaning, data quality assessment, and documentation with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in management and interoperability of data sources and systems, including REDCap.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with public health and healthcare professionals and internal partners.
- Knowledge and application of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements and protection of health information.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and integrity.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Completed Master’s degree in Epidemiology or related field, preferred.
- Fluency in data management in systems such as REDCap, required.
- Fluency in data analysis and visualization software such as SAS, R, SQL, or Tableau, required.
- Experience in reporting and visualization of research or public health surveillance data, required.
- Two years of experience working as an epidemiologist, data analyst or data manager in a research or public health setting, required.
- Experience programming with CRON, preferred.
- Experience with API integration between multiple applications, preferred.
- Knowledge of and skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power Point
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Sit: Frequently
- Handling / Fingering: Occasionally
- Reach Outward: Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder: Occasionally
- Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend: Occasionally
- Lift / Carry: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- Push/Pull: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- See: Constantly
- Taste/ Smell: Not Applicable
Not Applicable = Not required for essential functions
Occasionally = (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently = (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly = (5+ hrs/day)
Remote Initially/Over time, may be required to come into an office in Richmond, Sacramento, or Los Angeles, California areas.
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.