Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
Arconic is currently in search of a Sr. Specialist, Workforce Management to join our Global Financial Services group in Pittsburgh, PA. Join our team during an exciting time in Arconic’s history!
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Support Time & Attendance business system that captures and processes over 16,000 payrolls, spread across 56 US locations, and implement the system at other US locations
- This position in the Global Financial / People Services organization of Arconic is responsible for execution of projects and processes associated with time & attendance / workforce management.
- This position requires good understanding and use of Arconic’s standards, procedures and technologies as well as providing an ABS orientation in project execution and support, managing the application vendor and being a subject matter expert. The incumbent will participate as an internal expert resource to Arconic’s businesses and customer / user groups.
- This position supports the HR Direct Time & Attendance (Workbrain) application which supports Schedule Management, Time Collection & Approval, Payroll calculation, Attendance Management, Reporting and Analytics and other workforce management related activities.
- This position will advise on pay rule configurations required to pay employees under Arconic’s policies and labor contracts, modify existing or assists in creating new solutions as systemic and process gaps are identified, builds in adequate controls adhering to both internal and external policies. These activities must be well controlled and documented. The position must also participate in continuous improvement and process simplification activities.
- Lead the development, implementation and on-going support of processes and systems that support the administration of workforce management programs and policies. This requires defining requirements, defining and supporting processes, developing and supporting systems, and executing quality assurance methodologies to ensure administration is in line with customer needs.
- Meet customers’ needs in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining control. Maintaining system and process standardization while meeting ever-changing customer requirements.
- Solve system issues and functionality gaps as locations migrate to the application and additional functionality is incorporated.
- Suggest systemic and process changes toward driving standardization in the workforce management processes.
- Implement best-practice solutions and cost reduction activities along with customer support.
- Maintain standard documentation for projects, processes, and procedures.
- Participates in quarterly Arconic Self-Assessment Test (ASAT) testing.
- Test program changes and work closely with the GIS Support group. Assist other groups in testing and development of files that will interact with HRDTA.
- Participate in acquisition and divestiture activity, as needed.
- Execute year end and year beginning procedures.
- Participate in the completion of People Services projects as directed by supervisor.
- Suggest process improvement and standardization
- Provide subject matter expertise in the processes and systems in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Through data analysis, identify areas for improvement and develop plans to address those areas.
- Ability to define business requirements, drive process improvements, develop supporting systems, and execute quality assurance methodologies to ensure systems and administrative processes are in line with customer needs.
- Work as part of a team to monitor, develop or procure, implement, and support processes and systems by utilizing technically sound methods of requirements and process definition, systems analysis and design, planning, scheduling, and testing.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer interaction and focus in order to identify improvement opportunities and recommend solutions to solve business issues.
- Operate within Arconic standards and conventions and applicable Arconic BU/RU standards.
- Provide solutions that meet the needs of the customer following Arconic standards and conventions and return value to the business.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the HR/Workforce Management business processes.
- Pursue continuous learning consistent with changes in business requirements, technologies, service delivery and industry best practices.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, math, or related subject and prior experience in a related role.
- Performance demonstrating process/project management capabilities.
- The incumbent must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must demonstrate an understanding of Arconic’s standards, conventions, procedures and technical environment.
- The incumbent must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact with internal and external customers, analysts, management, and other departments
- ABS/Continuous improvement orientation and capabilities
- Exhibit subject matter expertise
- Managing priorities
- Business Unit/location reporting & analysis
- Other EBS/Oracle applications
- All U.S.-based Business Units
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a multi-business unit, shared-services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a multi-business unit, shared-services environment
- Basic understanding of payroll policies and procedures
- Exceptional Communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated experience with Time and Attendance System / Workbrain a plus
- Demonstrated experience with process documentation and process improvement