Division: Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc.
Location: Auburn, NY, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc. has an opening in our Electrical Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of electrical principles and practical experience as it relates to the electrical maintenance function. The technician will provide electrical support to the production crews and maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and automation systems. The qualified candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, vacation coverage, and holidays.
- Knowledge of automation and networking equipment and processes including:
- Knowledge of PID/closed loop control systems
- Networking tools and standards
- HMI programming and troubleshooting
- NFPA 70E Training
- Overhead crane knowledge and repair experience
- PLC’s system building, programming and troubleshooting experience (Rockwell, ABB)
- Variable Frequency Drive experience (ABB, AB)
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics for installation, repair, and maintaining equipment
- Basic pneumatic and hydraulic system knowledge
- Two year degree, successful completion of an electrical trade school, or a minimum of three years industrial electrical experience (manufacturing preferred).