Must have current Maryland CNA license and BLS certification.
Currently Maryland licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant is required. Applications with pending licensure will not be accepted. Please include your license number and expiration date in the Licenses section or Resume section of the application.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred. (Consideration may be given to applicant with CNA license after one semester of Nursing Training.)
- Telemetry and ICU CNA must pass a basic arrhythmia exam and/or course and have the ability to recognize critical rhythms and seek intervention within six (6) months.
- Candidate must have one year's experience with UM Charles Regional before performing role of a preceptor.
- Current Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- The ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of all patient and departmental documents is required.
- The ability to read and interpret physician orders and other written methods of health care team is essential.
- Ability to respond to customers inquiries is required. He/she must demonstrate spoken English in order to communicate with customers.
- Ability to work with simple mathematical concepts and pass mathematics test.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, recognize changes regarding patient/family condition and seek intervention by Clinical Nurse appropriately.
Will work in a clean, well-lighted environment. Requires pushing/pulling and lifting equipment, using proper body mechanics, weighing up to and above 100 lbs. up to 40% of the time. Requires lifting and positioning patients weighing up to 300 lbs., using proper body mechanics, with assistance of other staff members, up to 60% of the time. Requires walking and standing approximately 80% of the time, requires sitting, bending, and reaching approximately 20% of the time. Routine exposure to latex. Potential for exposure to blood and/or body substances, communicable diseases, and hazardous materials, requiring the observance of Universal Precautions and safe handling practices.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Charles Regional Medical Center