“We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for life's most demanding missions.”
Our ethos defines our culture – Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
5.11 Tactical has established itself as the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional products in the world. Through a commitment to operator-led product innovation, quality and compelling value, 5.11 has developed a loyal following among some of the most demanding and discerning end-users of apparel and gear.
At our Operations Center in Manteca and Development Center in Irvine, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement, Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique insights. The results are products that break new ground combining ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in professional duty, tactical training, adventure, women’s tactical, fitness and industrial professionals.
In order to accomplish this mission, we have an exciting opportunity as a Shift Supervisor at our location in:
13031 Fair Lakes Shopping Center, Fairfax, VA 22033, who will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 5.11 brand experience, building and maintaining customer relationships while achieving store sales goals.
DELIVER OVERALL BRAND EXPERIENCE
- Directs and models 5.11’s Ethos, Values, Mission and Service standards providing an elevated customer experience
- Works closely with 5.11 Tactical Merchandising team to coordinate merchandising updates, identify opportunities and support long-term strategies
- Leads and delegates merchandise processing, replenishment and recovery of sales floor to brand standards
- Ensures all alterations and embellishments are executed according to department specs
- Models an efficient and satisfying cash-wrap experience
- Ensures housekeeping duties are completed to maintain a neat, clean and professional store experience.
- With the direction of the Store Manager, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets to optimize profit
- Assists with reductions, price changes, and transfers
- Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags
- Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in store
- Creates an environment that maintains a 100% focus on the customer
- Models selling behaviors to build customer relationships and brand loyalty
- Models and supports use of store tools and systems to nurture customer relationships
- Accountable for store and individual sales goals
- Helps to attracts, recruit, hire and train high-caliber leadership service specialists
- Helps to assess team’s performance and provides feedback using both informal and formal methods Ensures all team members are working together to create a positive environment and resolves issues
- Writes and flexes store labor schedule
- Helps manage store controllable expenses
- Protects the assets of the store through implementation of loss prevention practices
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and/or 2-4 years of retail experience – apparel preferred
- Previous retail management or supervisory experience
- Proven ability to provide a superior customer experience and drive customer loyalty
- Proven ability to assess talent and manage performance
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, lift, walk, and reach overhead
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Ability to use a POS system
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold our Ethos which defines our culture – Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to ‘over-deliver” relative to expectations.