- 20-55 Paraprofessional - ASD Community Campus ~ Internal Candidates Only JobID: 3021
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Guides independent study enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and makeup work, as assigned by the teacher.
- Assist in carrying out behavior management plans. Keep necessary records (morning checks of students, health, academics, behavior, etc.)
- Assists with large group activities
- Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Assist students in mainstreamed classes.
- Responsible for students in an emergency situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Principal or supervising teacher(s).
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher or WorkKey’s Proficiency Certification for Teaching Assistants. Must have met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate (through a formal State or local academic assessment) knowledge of the ability to assist in instruction, as appropriate.
- Experience working with students with disabilities.
Step C-2/ $12.25-18.47 Hour
Full time, school year position
*Members of Grosse Pointe Educational Support Personnel Association-GPESPA, should e-mail letter of intent and updated resume to:
Nicole Pilgrim, Human Resources Director; or Stefanie Hayes, Student Services Director;
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance.
Note: Positions open unexpectedly and fill quickly. If you want to apply for positions that are not listed as open, please establish a pre-employment file by completing the online application. To complete the online application, use the \'Start an application for employment\' link available on this site. Thank you for your interest in The Grosse Pointe Public School System. Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions - You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
The Grosse Pointe Public School System