The Senior Automation Technician provides hands-on development and maintenance of automated production equipment in a fast-paced, deadline-critical, factory work environment. The Automation Technician is responsible for the safe development and maintenance of a variety of automated work cells to manufacture a wide assortment of Dunlop music accessories. Experience and interest for Automated Work Centers using Robots, camera vision systems, vibratory bowl feeders, Digital Weigh Scales, automated process machines, computer controls, automated baggers, Computers, Conveyors, Controls, and Proximity and Optical Sensors
Ensure that the safety procedures are followed at all times (PPE, LOTO, Guards, Electrical, Energized Systems, etc.)
Development and troubleshooting of automated processing equipment, including Robots, Vision Inspection, Hoppers, Vibratory feeders, Conveyors, Material Feeding, processing equipment, Temperature and Pressure control, etc.
Perform pre-production checks on automated equipment ensuring that it is in ‘ready to run’ state.
Provide ownership and input of automated processes and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and the reduction of downtime.
Analyze recurring faults and determine best corrective action.
Communicate issues impacting production immediately to management, and make recommendations for continuous process improvement.
Perform periodic system inspections including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, component validation.
Evaluate out of spec conditions and perform root cause corrective action.
Other duties as needed assigned by Supervisor
- Values safety above all else.
- Robotics and/or PLC programming (general factory automation experience)
Preferred applicant will have completed an automation technology or mechatronics associate degree program. Coursework in programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces, or the equivalent experience from on the job training. Confidence and leadership to work effectively in a team-based environment.
Minimum 10 years experience as an Automation Technician or similar experience in the Automated Manufacturing field.
Good Electrical and Mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
Ability to read and interpret schematics, blue prints, multi-meters, diagnostic equipment, calipers, and micrometers
Strong communication and interpersonal skills. A reliable team player
Basic computer skills in MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
Arc, TIG or MIG welding a plus
Use of Mills and Lathes a plus
Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate fluently in English; bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for approximately 8 hours or more per day.
- Ability to climb, squat, bend.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with ability:
- Benefits include: Profit Sharing Plan, 401k Program, Medical, Dental, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Local SF Bay Area candidates preferred (No relocation available).