Inst Study Human Flourishing
M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Up to $40,000 based on experience
Resume, Cover Letter
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day support and coordination of activities related to the Self, Virtue and Public Life Project (SVPL) and to the Institute for the Study of Human Flourishing (ISHF) at the University of Oklahoma. This position is one-year and renewable contingent upon satisfactory work performance and further grant funding. It is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Responsibilities will include: General office management and administrative support, including: Assist in the creation and management of websites Editing materials to meet the needs of the individual or organization requesting information Authorizing outgoing duplicated/edited material ensuring that high quality standards are met Possible supervision of part-time student workers Working closely with the Director, Project Manager and Financial Administrator, and Assessment Coordinator in the execution of the following duties: Planning and management of events, e.g., conferences, teleconferences, workshops, assessment and other meetings; Communications with project personnel outside of OU (e.g., other researchers associated with the SVPL, Core Project Team members, consultants, and outreach partners).
- GED/High School Grad or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 6 - 12 months experience in communications
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Advanced computer skills with wide knowledge of business software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Proficient in website design and management
- Must be able to communicate, engage in repetitive motions, perform light lifting, move and in order to move and set up presentation equipment as needed and prepare for large meetings.
- Bachelor Degree
- No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.
You MUST apply at jobs.ou.edu to be considered for the position. Once at jobs.ou.edu, click on, "External Applicant." Next, look for the search field that allows you to enter a job number, enter, 200583. This will allow you to view the job and apply if you wish.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?
Attracting top students from across the nation and more than 100 countries around the world, OU provides a major university experience in a private college atmosphere. In fact, OU is number one in the nation in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled at a public university, and is in the top five of public universities in the nation in the graduation of Rhodes Scholars.
OU has emerged as a pacesetter for public higher education in the United States and is ranked by The Princeton Review among the top 10 public universities in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students. https://jobs.ou.edu/