Classification: Sr. Accountant
Robert Half Finance is currently seeking an experienced, organized Senior Accountant to join their team for a full-time opportunity in the Atlanta, Georgia area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for producing financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. In addition to a strong compensation and benefits package, this position offers a great long-term potential. We are seeking an individual with exemplary analytical skills who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment in order to support the continued success of the company.
What you get to do every single day
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Present analysis on financial results such as trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Supply Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, controls and provide support on special requests when necessary
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Strong time management skills preferred
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Knowledge of month end closings
- Financial reporting experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with budget forecasting
- Comprehensive knowledge of Great Plains (GPAC)
- Higher education industry experience
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half .