Maintenance Technician -3rd Shift -H4
Responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment used in the production and packaging of products. They will need to regularly inspect equipment, structures or material; work on all requests for the various types of maintenance work assigned to them. An understanding and adherence to company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions is essential Job Duties:Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:Level 1:
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance from daily up to Semi-Annual.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics at 50%.
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
- Detect, document, report and repair improper machine operation and faulty equipment.
- Follow and perform emergency procedures regarding power failures.
- Diversify maintenance skills that will allow assignments to be given in any work areas as required and on any shift required
- Understand and certify in our LOTO program.
- Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
- All of the above in Level 1.
- Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual PM's.
- Set up preventative maintenance paperwork for new machinery in designated areas.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics without issue.
- Provide leadership, training and direction when necessary to other maintenance technicians or machine operators.
- Ability to determine the root cause for troubleshooting systems.
- Provide some support to engineering in gathering requested information and beta testing some engineering projects.
- Comfortable with speaking to a machine service engineer to gather information, report unusual issues and problems for resolution.
- Provide leadership, training and direction when necessary to other maintenance technicians or machine operators
- All of the above in Level 2.
- Detect, document, report and resolve complex equipment issues resulting from defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics and design improvements to the systems with new schematics.
- Provide expert ability in determining root cause for troubleshooting systems.
- Support engineering in their projects by providing expert resource support.
- Write up new PM procedures and administer these through our document control.
- High school diploma.
- Recommend associates degree in a related field or similar.
- Level 1 technician entry level -- minimum of 2 yrs experience.
- Level 2 technician minimum 5 yrs experience.
- Level 3 technician minimum 8 yrs experience.