AECOM is hiring a Sustainable Economics Analyst / Senior Analyst in our San Francisco, California office.
The selected candidate will join the Sustainable Economics Group, which is part of AECOM's National Urbanism + Planning Practice Line. The primary emphasis of the group is to promote socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in urban design, city planning, and policy projects. This is accomplished through employing rigorous economic techniques and developing innovative analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability in varied domestic and international contexts.
Qualified candidates will have education and/or professional background in sustainability and/or natural resource planning, urban and real estate economics, urban planning, or policy modeling/design. The candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in sustainability, with a particular emphasis on quantitative analytical approaches to developing innovative solutions to complex challenges facing cities and regions
Example Project Types:
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change vulnerability and action and adaptation plans
- Triple bottom line / sustain return on investment assessments
- Socioeconomic analysis for environmental impact report
- Economic and fiscal impact analysis as it relates to regulatory policies and programs (e.g., greenhouse gas)
- Market analysis for strategic and master planning projects
- Pro forma and financial feasibility analysis for urban redevelopment
- Nexus study for planned infrastructure in response to new development
- Researches local and regional economic issues, and provides consultation regarding the development of dynamic regional and local economies, as well as urban and rural regeneration. Proposes solutions to issues such as labor markets, education and skills, deprivation and social inclusion, inward investment and business development.
- May draft and prepare reports based on project outcomes.
- Experienced professional who continues to develop skills and areas of expertise.
- Handles many different types of projects and work due to a strong generalist background.
- Has a good understanding of responsibilities and workflow.
- May be responsible for aspects of project or have significant technical role but is not yet lead in these areas; final authority usually rests with a more senior staff member.
- Possesses excellent technical skills and strong personal initiative.
- Work reflects high quality and standards, innovation and creativity; develops solutions for client projects.
- Continues to develop supervisory skills and may be asked to provide guidance to more junior staff.
Buildings & Places
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university with a focus in economics, urban planning, public policy analysis, business, or a related field with a focus on sustainability + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Professional experience in urban, real estate, or environmental economics, urban planning, public policy analysis, business administration and/or policy modeling/ design (Analyst Classification)
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Master's degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- 2-7 years (Senior Analyst Classification) of professional experience at a planning and economics consulting firm, or equivalent
- Experience with other quantitative/statistical programs such as STATA, R, Python
- Experience with economic impact modeling tools such as RIMS II, IMPLAN, REMI
- Experience with ArcGIS and other spatial analysis tools
- Experience presenting and developing content for proposals, interacting with clients, having leadership on discreet technical tasks, presenting professional work at meeting, workshops and industry conferences
- Spanish speaking and writing
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)