- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
FTE: 1.0 FTE (School Year Position)
This individual serves as a liaison between students, regular education instructors, parents, administration, and both public and private social agencies. This position requires a positive, consistent, organized, and flexible individual with a strong desire to make an impact on students who are in need of assistance.
This position requires, but is not limited to the following: * Wisconsin Certification #1830 EBD or #1801 Cross-Categorical, preferred.
- Other Wisconsin special education certifications will be considered pending vacancy requirements.
- Awareness of a growth mindset and willingness to grow along with the organization.
- Awareness of adaptive and technical changes and willingness to collaborate with the organization to achieve both when needed.
- Completing duties involving case managing students and providing specialized instruction to students with, but not limited to, specific learning disabilities.
- Experience and/or willingness to work collaboratively to identify least restrictive learning environments for students which may include, but not limited to, providing services and/or support collaboratively with teachers within universal instruction time(s).
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to exceptional student education.
- Experience and/or training in mathematics and reading strategies preferable.
- Ability to teach in all core subject areas (when needed) utilizing effective strategies for differentiating instruction utilizing knowledge of curriculum based standards.
- Monitor student academic progress, attendance, and behavioral issues on a daily basis.
- Ability to implement standards based instruction and write standards based IEP goals.
- Ability to teach social and emotional instruction, including but not limited to, self advocacy, organization, conflict resolution, and study skills.
- Ability to forge positive relationships with parents/guardians of students, students and colleagues.
- Ability to facilitate student/parent/guardian/teacher meetings as needed.
- Ability to work collegially with staff, Student Services, administration, social services, and other public or private agencies.
- Ability to use evidence-based classroom management strategies and techniques.
- Ability to use evidence-based individual behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Flexibility and willingness to work with students utilizing a multi-sensory approach to increase student's social, emotional, and academic successes.
- Experience with and/or training in implementing and/or supporting additional therapy services under the direction of a licensed school therapist in the classroom setting.
- Ability to assist students with academic and career planning, Xello and post secondary transitions.
- Flexibility and willingness to work with students during student crisis situations, including ability to process the experience with student afterward and assist in developing a plan to repair harm.
- Ability to physically intervene with students utilizing non violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Restorative Justice practices, Assessment of Lagging Skills and Unsolved Problems, and Plan B approaches preferred.
- Ability to prepare required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively use and integrate technology in the classroom setting.
- Ability to transport students when needed (valid driver's license required).
- Ability to supervise/coordinate other adults within the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Application Procedure: To apply, please complete an online application @ - Employment. In addition to an online application, please upload a cover letter, resume, three current letters of recommendation, transcripts, and licensure.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the School District of Ashland!
The School District of Ashland does not discriminate in employment decisions based on age, race, creed, religion, color, disability, handicap, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, or membership in the National Guard or military forces of the United States, or other protected group status.
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions - You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
School District of Ashland