IU Health's exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and #1 system in Indiana.
- Practice with an established group of Anesthesiologists within the anesthesia care team model
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 5x8s or 4x10s
- No call required
- Combination of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Procedures include: orthopedics, ENT, healthy pediatrics, GYN, neuro, general surgery, urology, plastics, reconstructive and vascular
- Obstetric coverage not initially expected
- Participation in the growth of the anesthetist profession at the institution and beyond
Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant:
- Must have graduated with a Master’s degree from a CAAHEP accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Must have passed the Certifying Examination for Anesthesiologist Assistants or the CDQ examination (administered by NCCAA in collaboration with the National Board of Medical Examiners) and hold a current certification
- Must hold current ACLS and PALS certifications
- Must have graduated from Master’s level Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
- Must have passed the National Certification Examination (NCE) (administered by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists) and hold a current certification from the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
- Must hold current ACLS and PALS certifications
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial.
is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
Most recently, the new, patient-centric 5 story south wing was unveiled. The $120 million facility includes 300,000 square feet of new and revitalized space, including 108 all-private patient rooms.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Multiple CARF Accreditations: The Physical Rehabilitation Center at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, representing the ninth consecutive three year accreditation IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received from the international accrediting body. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital also received a three-year Stroke Specialty Program accreditation from CARF. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital honored with two VHA awards: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital received a pair of Volunteer Hospital Association awards recognizing clinical excellence. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the recipient of PEAK (Performance, Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Awards for Performance, in the categories of Patient Safety-Critical Care and Clinical Quality. (Awarded 2010)
includes primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women’s health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
Muncie, Indiana offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, culture and family-friendly recreation. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University
- Museum of Art, Planetarium and Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine
- Prairie Creek Reservoir offers boating, fishing and camping
- Family friendly outdoor music and food festivals along with sports and recreation
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities
- Quick drive to Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati
Contact: Sara Hickman
- When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.