The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for managing a group of clients. This includes visiting the clients on a regular basis and providing support and reporting to clients as needed. This person is responsible for executing the transportation solution as it was sold to the client.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Serve as primary liaison on behalf of the customers represented by the team and the team’s employees with other Transplace departments and job functions.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with customers, both internally and externally.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with other divisions within the Business Unit.
- Travel to clients’ locations and conduct meetings to deliver reporting as needed.
- Manage and resolve daily carrier issues in conjunction with the procurement teams as needed to ensure service performance and to communicate issues to the appropriate departments.
- Serve as initial point of contact to receive and handle issues regarding service, rates, schedules, etc.
- Work with Business Analyst on reporting development and conduct analysis to determine optimal solutions reducing overall freight expense.
- Manage positive day-to-day relationships with carriers and other departments.
- Create processes to proactively communicate shipment information regarding route changes, delays, or early deliveries to appropriate internal and external customers.
- Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Perform initial interviews for team and assist the General Manager in final hiring decisions and onboarding.
- Responsible for forecasting contribution target goals.
- Responsible for driving initiatives with the client and internal Transplace personnel to meet the contribution targets.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service and strong communication and interpersonal skills (both listening and speaking).
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow up, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work
- MS Office or Windows based software required.
- 35 – 50%
- Minimum 3-5 years’ previous Transportation, Logistics or 3PL experience preferred.
- Previous account management experience is highly preferred
- Generally requires an Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or other related field.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.