Job Function: Service
omaha, nebraska, US
Field Service Technician
As pioneers and global leader, Hiab is ambitious to write forward our success story, inspiring and shaping our industry. The world in which we operate with our class-leading products, intelligent services and innovative digital solutions is constantly changing.
Join Hiab's journey - to inspire and shape the future of intelligent load handling
The Field Service Tech will perform service, (preventive maintenance, safety checks, corrective actions, upgrades and refurbishment) on equipment, at external or Hiab locations in line with Manager’s instructions. Responsible for contributing to productive customer relationships as well as following Best Practice in all administrative and technical activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Staying up to date with technical developments and specifications of relevant equipments shown in internal service bulletins and following technical courses when instructed by District Service Manager applicable to equipment
- Respond to Customer in a way instructed by the District Service Manager to maximize customer satisfaction
- Inspect, troubleshoot, report, plan and then conduct service or repair as instructed by District Service Manager
- Submit regular reports in the format specified by District Service Manager
- Keep adequate records and maintain documentation in line with agreed standards
- Make judgements about the most cost effective and efficient approach to providing service
- Maintain documentation to ensure accurate invoicing to the customer
- Manage and protect the security and traceability of spare parts
- Recognize sales opportunities and communicate to District Service Manager
- Participate in innovative thinking about ways to improve service efficiency
- Coach/tutor junior colleagues and trainees as necessary
- Conduct self at all times in a way that promotes a positive image of the Hiab brand and follow rules of the Quality System
- Driving license (CDL-class B or higher for field service technician)
- Minimum high school education/GED; Technical or Secondary College Preferred
- 3+ years of mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical operations
We offer you a position in a global organisation where you are challenged with interesting and diverse tasks. These tasks will provide a great opportunity for you to grow professionally. You will also be provided with the following benefits:
- Comprehensive benefit package including; health, vision, dental, voluntary life/disability insurance upon first date of employment
- 401k program with company match
- Personal time off and company-paid holidays
- You may also be provided with a company cell phone, laptop and credit card, all to be used for the purpose of conducting company business
- Opportunities for career growth and competitive salary commensurate with experience
Hiab is part of Cargotec
Hiab is the world's leading provider of on-road load handling equipment, intelligent services and digitally connected solutions. As the industry pioneer, Hiab's more than 3,300 employees worldwide focus on our commitment to increase efficiency in our customers' businesses and to shape the future of intelligent load handling.
Hiab's offering encompasses class-leading load-handling equipment, including HIAB loader cranes, LOGLIFT and JONSERED forestry and recycling cranes, MOFFETT truck mounted forklifts, MULTILIFT demountables, and tail lifts under the ZEPRO, DEL, and WALTCO brands. Hiab's ProCareTM service, award-winning HiVisionTM crane control system, and HiConnectTM platform demonstrate our constant drive to provide intelligent services and connected solutions that add value to our customers.
Hiab is part of Cargotec Corporation. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2017 totalled approximately EUR 3.2 billion, and it employs over 11,000 people.
If you are experiencing technical difficulty navigating through the career page, please contact us on candidate.support@ . We will do our best to assist you. Please note, we do not accept job applications at this email address.