Essential Job Functions:
- Assist school staff with differentiated instruction.
- Facilitate skill in collaboration, reading and/or math instruction, and the analysis of data to improve student success.
- Participate in Professional Learning Communities, data teams, and teacher collaboration meetings.
- Assist Title I schools in School Improvement Planning and district school improvement process.
- Comprehensive understanding of district and school improvement initiatives, differentiated instruction, data driven decision making, and assessment practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of core, supplementary, and intervention/remediation programs/resources.
- Facilitate parent involvement activities and outreach for reading and/or mathematics.
- Maintain Title I inventory and other Title I required records.
- Demonstrate and participate in discussions on the use and interpretation of summative, formative, screening, diagnostic, and progress monitoring assessments.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with administration, students, parents, and school personnel.
- Analyze student assessment data and use the results to design and coordinate the implementation of appropriate intervention strategies.
- Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
- Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and general public.
- Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
- Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with all staff members to plan and implement appropriate Title I intervention/remediation programs and parental involvement activities.
- Demonstrate ability to relate positively with parents and community representatives.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of literacy and/or mathematics content and the ability to identify and use appropriate pedagogical skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development of literacy and/or math proficiency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current theory and research based practices in literacy and/or mathematics, differentiated instruction, and assessment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common and formative assessments, screening tools, progress monitoring, and procedures in developing intervention plans for diverse populations of students.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess individual needs and performance and to use the results to inform instructional planning.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and present high quality literacy and/or mathematics parental involvement activities.
· Hold licensure in level of assignment (Elementary: K – 5).
· Provide evidence of significant participation and implementation into practice of research-based professional growth opportunities in intervention and differentiated instruction.
· Have at least five years of successful experience in the level assignment.
· Have a keen understanding of the developmental nature of reading and/or mathematics instruction.
Education and Experience (cont):
· Have experience working with multiple grade levels and differentiated instruction.
· Have experience in differentiated instructional strategies, using assessment to inform instruction, and in incorporating technology to support teaching and learning.
· Possess good character and leadership qualities.
· Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Spotsylvania County for such experience.?
Salary: This is a 10 month, part time position; starting salary $44,000 (bachelor's degree). Additional compensation awarded for credits earned toward advanced degrees. New employees to Spotsylvania County will be compensated for up to 20 years of experience.
How to Apply: Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions - You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
Spotsylvania County Public Schools