Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-pacedand friendlyfinancial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
The paraplanner will primarily assist financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s) in the financial planning workflow. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar.
Full-Time / Part-Time
About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, were not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. Youll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Line of Business
Responsibilities and Time Allocation Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
- 60% Financial Planning & Advice / Product Solutions
- Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the clients risk tolerance and time frame as well as develop appropriate product deliverables
- 40% Client Care / Business Management
- Maintain client contact during the financial planning process. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings. Attend and participate in client meetings if necessary.
- Manage and resolve client service problems
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
San Mateo, CA
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisors practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
- College degree or higher
- 2+ years of similar experience
- Already have federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses