Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Child Psychologist, you are responsible for assessing, diagnosing and treating children who may have slight or severe mental, emotional or social disorders.
- Meet with children and their family members to observe and diagnose concerns about a child's mental or emotional state.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child, in conjunction with the parents, teachers and pediatricians in accordance with state regulatory /CARF guidelines that demonstrate individualization and evolution based on information gathered from assessment.
- Address problems such as bullying, depression, learning difficulties, and various other social/mental health condition in children by providing appropriate psychological intervention.
- Identify abuse in children and take appropriate steps to curb the situation, as well as provide rehabilitation for the affected child.
- Engage child patients in counseling/therapy sessions.
- Education family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain behaviors.
- Participate in clinical staffing/treatment meetings providing feedback on all pertinent cases.
- Work closely with insurance department to ensure authorized services are approved and adequate information is provided within specified time frames.
- Document all services provided in accordance with DMH/CARF/agency standards.
- Adhere to weekly direct service model.
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatments according to in-house policies.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in a related field; PHD preferred.
- Holds licensure with the applicable board of professional registration for the state that they are providing services in for licensure as a psychologist.
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.