Join the Abacus family of more than 25,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally. We offer meaningful and long-term employment, competitive pay rates, benefits and real opportunities for growth.
Our goal is simple; deliver comprehensive contingent labor solutions and excellent employment opportunities which will attract the highest quality talent. We are firmly committed to partnering with Clients that offer our workforce access to a positive work environment, productive culture, competitive wages and opportunities that align with our employees' professional goals.
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
We seek individuals that are flexible, possess relevant experience and a consistent work history. Abacus takes an individualized approach to hiring and placement and applicants will work directly with one of our staffing specialists to move through our apply, assessment and placement process.
The apply process starts with access and set-up to our applicant portal, completion of a brief online application, comprehensive interview, skills assessments, credential validation, background screening, pre-placement substance screening and completion of our on-boarding process. Our team of staffing specialists are available 24/7 to provide support and assistance.
Qualified applicants will have visibility and access to Abacus clients, across industries as we determine the “best fit” placement that meets your professional and personal goals. Once hired with Abacus, our workforce may move between assignments, clients and placement opportunities in expanding markets as we continue grow our service footprint, nationally.
Our goal is to attract, employ and retain a quality workforce that meets and exceeds our diverse client's expectations. We strive to be recognized as an “Employer of Choice” as we adhere to the fundamentals that have made our company strong:
- Value People
- Delight Customer
- Embrace Change
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Passion for Winning!
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is designed to provide support for the Channel 96, as well as, to provide assistance to the Media Production Coordinator. The Television Video Production Assistant is expected to perform the duties under the supervision of the Media Production Coordinator, and work with staff, students, and parents/volunteers in a pleasant manner.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Television Video Production Assistants work with students, teachers, and staff to provide support for the utilization of television production resources under the direction of the Media Production Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with staff to film and edit educational productions which target SMCPS mission. Provides support for students utilizing the television production studio at the Dr. James A.
- Provides support for the Media Production Coordinator for filming SMCPS Board of Education meetings and events.
- Must be able to duplicate video productions for schools.
- Must be able to write scripts appropriate to audiences.
- Must be able to work with various audio/video equipment in multiple camera shoots.
- Must be able to design graphics used in television production.
- At times must work with students on various projects, including multiple camera shoots.
- Must have transportation to be able to film at a variety of locations.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including night hours.
- Has a knowledge of computer functions and A. V. equipment and is able to troubleshoot problems.
- Must have audio visual editing skills as well as camera operation.
- Has keyboarding skill and is able to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates the willingness to enhance technology skills and knowledge of additional computer applications in order to provide support to staff.
- Pass criminal background check as required by the State of Maryland. Experience working with children is desired.