As Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining complex manufacturing equipment to ensure production processes are reliable and consistent. You have the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and have good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. You are very detail oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within teams.
- Performs equipment repairs and preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Works with production departments to troubleshoot and repair equipment problems.
- Supports the maintenance inventory system by looking up and researching parts needed to maintain production equipment and to keep track of all parts used.
- Performs duties safely and ensures the safety of others by wearing proper protective equipment, following Lock Out/Tag Out procedures, and complying with other safety practices and procedures.
- Assists in special projects and changes to existing lines and in the set-up of new lines.
- Attends maintenance training courses on site and off site.
- Supports the production lines on a daily-needs basis.
- A Two-year Associate Degree in technical related field Work or Apprenticeship equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements, mechanical, electrical, and PLC controlled systems is required. Basic skills in reading and comprehension of electrical schematics and pneumatic/hydraulic principles and diagrams are also necessary.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles such as voltage and current.
- Experience troubleshooting machines, i.e., electrical, mechanical, pneumatic systems.
- Technicians must be flexible with regard to schedule and travel requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have initiative and ability to effectively manage assigned work
- Must be able to work successfully with others in a team environment
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.