Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit and/or .
This position requires the interpretation and conversion of CAD drawings, BOM, and routings into manufacturing processes required to build utility equipment. In addition, the ME I will provide fabrication and assembly process support to the fabricators, welders, and assemblers of the utility equipment. While ensuring final product quality through accurate work instructions, fixtures, timely support, and cost controls. ME I will be expected to assist in other plant wide projects that require manufacturing engineering support.
As an ME I you are the front line of defense against production issues. Understanding the process and always looking for ways to improve it will drive these issues out of production. An ME I should have a very close work relationship with the supervisor of the assigned area and understand what they are being measured on. An ME I is expected to sustain the current True North Objectives of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale. The ME I is the local technical expert for their area, and needs to work collaboratively to ensure that improvements are made and sustained.
- Prioritize multiple requests from many teams - ensure projects are aligned with companies’ objectives and goals. Directly supporting the production area you are focusing on.
- Use analytical tools to provide facts and data analysis to ensure success of improvements.
- Analyze workforce utilization, layouts, flow charges, value streams, and schedules to determine efficiency improvements.
- Support small scale Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost projects in assigned production area and possibly other areas.
- Teach, develop, document, update, and improve work processes.
- Understand and support Terex Lean principles.
- Work independently, and within a team.
- Communicate effectively as a technical leader.
- Understand the tools and techniques used to build the product in your assigned area.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Offer design improvement techniques, fixtures, jigs, and other manufacturing aids.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BS in Mechanical, Engineering Technology, Electrical, Industrial, Civil or Aeronautical) that is ABET accredited.
- Requires 1-3 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Specialized professional knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks or equivalent programs.
- Sufficient human relations skill to convey technical engineering concepts to others; and technical employees; and to work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to prepare product specifications, test, and process documentation.
- Advanced mathematics skills.
- Hands on experience CNC equipment such as Lathes and Mills preferred (Programming, Optimizing, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to perform all the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics, blueprints. Ability to use AutoCAD or equivalent engineering software.
- Requires the ability to conduct mathematical exercises using physics, algebra, analytic geometry, and statistical analysis. Requires the ability to convert designs into production action plans.
- Ability to learn and perform within the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, and Total Quality Management.
- Ambulatory ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis; to bend, stoop, and kneel on an intermittent basis; to lift medium weight objects up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and pointing device.
- Visual acuity to see moving objects, read words, letters and drawings.
- Sufficient auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person, and project voice in a noisy environment.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.