The Project Accountant will manage the accounting aspects of the business units and projects effectively and efficiently, with a helpful and friendly attitude of service to all customers. Work in conjunction with Operations Director, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Superintendent and Contract Administrator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all accounting functions relating to assigned projects (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costs, etc.). Provides administrative and clerical support on assigned projects as necessary. Some general non-job-specific accounting functions may be assigned to/rotated among the various accountants.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing company policy and procedures with regard to assigned projects.
- Project Accountants should work harmoniously with others in group to promote teamwork.
- Perform all duties utilizing a strong sense of fiscal responsibility.
- Set up jobs and contracts in Timberline, which includes entering budgets based on approved schedule of values.
- Record subcontractor commitments provided by Contract Administrator and approved by Project Manager/Design Manager, comparing amounts to appropriate line items on schedule of values.
- Review approved subcontractor progress payment applications and reconcile to previous submissions. Reconcile schedule of values on application to subcontractor commitment. Work with Project Manager and subcontractor to obtain revised subcontractor billing, if necessary.
- Compile submitted payment requests from subcontractors and suppliers, compare to Job Cost reports and include applicable amounts for general conditions and fees to produce a payment request to be submitted to owner. Reconcile current request for owner payment to previous submissions.
- Obtain releases of liens from all suppliers and subcontractors for previous month’s payment before issuing checks for further payment. Maintain log on progress payments and release of liens.
- Maintain ongoing record of retainage being held on subcontracts/vendors. Review contracts for release of retainage and notify Project Manager of any upcoming releases.
- Monitor special payment arrangements to assure that time-sensitive payments are made on time.
- Provide financial and accounting information as requested.
- Enter owner change orders, changes to estimates, subcontracts, subcontractor change orders and purchase orders.
- Assist with monthly preparation of Work In Progress report to include contract value reconciliation and estimated cost projection.
- Perform Job close out duties, including reconciling commitments, archiving files and closing the job in the system.
- Provide A/R Collection information to management. Assist project manager with collection effort to ensure timely payment from client.
- Associates degree required or 3-5 years equivalent experience including 2 years minimum in construction project accounting. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize time and meet deadlines. Highly reliable with strong organization skills to manage a large amount of documents and information.
- A sense of urgency with an ability to multitask and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to efficiently interact with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; strong analytical and detail orientation; good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in working with and reading financial spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel), Accounting software (Timberline Software), Microsoft software.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,300 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.