Grocery Truck Drivers - Local Deliveries in Meridian ID
620 W 600 NORTH, NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah 84054
Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities, and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavillions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The North Salt Lake Distribution Center has 6 openings for Transportation Grocery Drivers in Meridian Idaho for Local Deliveries.
Delivers grocery products to retail sites locally operating a tractor-trailer combination.
- Comprehensive Benefits/Vacation
- Union Pension
- 5 Days a Week
- Home Every Day - No Layovers
- Average Pay $63K Per Year
- Late Model Automatic Trucks
- Delivers grocery products, including refrigerated and frozen to retail units by operating a tractor-trailer combination.
- Performs pre-trip inspection on the tractor and trailer per DOT regulations which includes a visual inspection of the tractor-trailer for visible damage.
- Completes federally regulated documents associated with operating a tractor-trailer to include the on-board computer.
- Follow company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Minimum of 2 years driving over the road experience
- Doubles experience preferred
- Current Class A CDL
- Knowledge of refrigerated trailer operations
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations
- Must possess the appropriate licenses as defined by the Department of Transportation rules and regulations, as well as meeting all the other criteria defined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER