Who we are:
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
As a Line Leader for O-I you will be responsible for managing the total operation of the line (defined as total production line) on a 24 hour / 7 day a week basis through the continuous shift operation to maximize production performance within established safety, quality and cost parameters.
A particular emphasis of the role is to facilitate a team culture across all functional and cross functional disciplines for the specific line. Through both formal and informal continuous improvement opportunities, implement and refine improvement ideas to maximize the performance of the line.
- Aligns resources in the plant’s personnel (operators, mechanics, etc) to focus on all areas of the process center; i.e. quality assurance, furnace, machine repair, mold shop, general maintenance, cold end, and job change coordinator.
- Reinforces positive team efforts and embraces Continuous Improvement concepts to ensure workers understand that their work activities are part of a whole and have an impact on the operation and common goals.
- Motivates the generation of ideas and initiates by discussing them on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Defines initiatives and operations goals with input from other plant personnel to improve overall performance.
- Develops technical specialized skills and knowledge, as well as team work, continuous improvement and discipline strengths.
- Develops multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, and awareness of customer oriented common goals and achievements.
- Make sure local and contractual agreements are followed
- Responsible for all audit compliance for Quality, Safety, GMP, Procedures, Swabbing and Forming.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Works with shift foremen to have consistency on all shifts.
- Assists in developing personnel
- Defines shop expectations
- Lead workshops resulting in tangible key performance indicator improvements
- Deploy the appropriate People / Safety / Quality / Cost / Delivery / Productivity metrics and management routines at all levels of the organization
- Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement culture on site and in related areas of the company
- Ensure through audits that tools are appropriately and effectively used
- Ensure lean principles are appropriately taken into consideration at all stages of the process improvement project
- Serve as a business change agent leading process improvement initiative, process redesign activities/projects which will enable the organization to reach the next level of world class operations by implementing continuous improvement-lean manufacturing practices throughout the plant
In this position you will report to the Tank Production Manager. You will work closely with Continuous Improvement Leader.
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Production or Operations Management, Business, or other related disciplines
- Minimum requirement of 1 year experience supervising/leading people and processes in a manufacturing environment, preferably Glass production.
- Project Management and/or Lean Certification desired.
- Significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing concepts that use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
- Computer literate w/ proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Adequate knowledge of informational systems & ability to analyze data (i.e. SAP, WorkBrain, etc.).
- Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of change management
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team members
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more…
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.