The Retail Guides are the key component in providing our unique retail experience. Retail Guides will work closely with the Store Manager and Team Lead to inform customers on the Cotopaxi products, experiences, and impact. This team will help build and grow one of the most exciting channels at one of the most exciting brands in the industry.
- Interact with every customer that comes through the door.
- Educate customers on products and experiences.
- Inform customers on Cotopaxi’s impact program.
- Inspire customers to get out and adventure by guiding them toward unique experiences locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Live the Cotopaxi culture and values and convey them to the customer.
- Manage inventory, including: receiving inventory, processing, restocking and destocking, and visual merchandising.
- Clean all areas of the store including fitting rooms, back-of-house, and front-of-house.
- Prepare and maintain products, including: folding, sizing, tagging, steaming, packing out, cleaning, etc. all merchandise.
- Open and close the store.
- Operate the point of sale system.
- Work closely with the Store Manager and Cotopaxi Retail HQ to provide unique experiences to the customer inside and outside of the store (i.e. hiking club, yoga, panel discussions).
- Be an ambassador of the Cotopaxi brand throughout your community.
- Guide customers toward experiences that will enhance their experience and relationship with the Cotopaxi brand.
- 1-2 years experience working retail, outdoor industry experience is a plus.
- Flexible schedule with availability and willingness to work weekend days.
- Over 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb a ladder carrying 40 pounds.
- Must be available to work on the Friday following Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday).
- Must be available to work the second week of December through the end of the Holiday Season.
- Schedules are subject to change based on Cotopaxi’s sole discretion.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Passionate about the retail environment and what it offers the Cotopaxi customer.
- Community expert.
- Team outings and gatherings.
- 60% off all Cotopaxi products.
- Major opportunities to grow within the company.