Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community-based, private, not-for-profit 25-bed critical access hospital, family practice clinic and long-term care facility. We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Days/Hours: This facility is staffed 365 days a years, 24 hours a day
Pay Range: Begins at $18.00 for an LPN and $20.80 for an LPN IV
LPNs report to the Director of Nursing and are responsible for CNAs and NAs and supervision of all other staff when Administrator or their Department Leader are out of the facility.
What you'll do:
- Supervise and provide direct resident care to meet resident's needs using the nursing process.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills in evaluating needs of the resident, family, and employee.
- Develop and implement individualized plans of care.
- Evaluate resident care based on continuous needs assessments and reassessments.
- Receive and record physician orders, and administer medications and treatments in a timely and safe manner.
- Demonstrate accountability and accepts responsibility for a constant awareness of assigned residents' overall condition.
- Assist Director of Nursing with supervising all nursing service activities.
- Develop and evaluate individualized resident teaching for residents, associates and/or family members.
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills to solve problems, to carry out facility policies and procedures and coordinate resident care.
- Promote own professional growth and demonstrate professional conduct in regards to the department, professional relationships and the practice of nursing.
- Current LPN License
- Current C.P.R. certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Good knowledge of nursing theory and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with ill geriatric residents and their families.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to provide direction in application of nursing process, quality improvement standard, organization and departmental goals and objectives, and the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Visit Us at:
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.